In this agreement, where we refer to ForKeeps Digital Platform, we mean ForKeeps Application (App) and/or the Digital Platform
- Information we collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Account Information. When you register on the ForKeeps Digital Platform, we require certain information such as your name, mobile number, email address, and date of birth (we don’t at this stage – but could in the future).
- Profile & Platform Feature Information. To use certain features within the ForKeeps Digital Platform, we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender, and to create a message, which may include your relationship with the recipient/s,
- Condolence Album Information. To use certain features within the creation of a Condolence Album, we may ask you to complete certain information, which may include, date of birth and date of death,
- Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment and to provide the offered services, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. Payment information may be collected by a third-party we utilise for the processing of payments. We do not keep any payment information.
- Communications with ForKeeps. When you communicate with ForKeeps or use the ForKeeps Digital Platform to communicate with us, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your ForKeeps Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
When you use the ForKeeps Digital Platform, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the ForKeeps Digital Platform, such as the pages or other content you view and other actions on the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the ForKeeps Digital Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, postal code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the ForKeeps Digital Platform, whether you are a registered user or not and irrespective of if you are logged in or not. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the ForKeeps Digital Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the ForKeeps Digital Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the ForKeeps Digital Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your ForKeeps Digital Platform with a third party service (e.g., Facebook, WeChat), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the ForKeeps Digital Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
- How we use information we collect
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the ForKeeps Digital Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
2.1 Provide, Improve and Develop the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Enable you to access and use the ForKeeps Digital Platform.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the ForKeeps Digital Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your use.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorise at the time of collection.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Standard Terms and Conditions and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about ForKeeps campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorise a third party application or Digital Platform to access your ForKeeps Account.
3.2 Service Providers.
We use a variety of third party service providers to help us provide services related to the ForKeeps Digital Platform. For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify or authenticate your identification, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) assist us with background checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, or (iv) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services.
3.3 Safety and Compliance with Law.
ForKeeps may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorised third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law by any public body, including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences; (ii) to comply with an obligation imposed by law or to enforce legislation concerning the collection of revenue as defined in section 1 of the South African Revenue Service Act, 1997 (Act No. 34 of 1997); (iii) for the conduct of proceedings in any court or tribunal that have commenced or are reasonably contemplated; (iv) in the interests of national security; or (v) to maintain the legitimate interests of the responsible party or of a third party to whom the information is supplied;
We will attempt to notify Members about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon ForKeeps’ property, its Members and the Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify the Member about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
3.4 Business Transfers.
3.5 De-identified Data.
We may also share de-identified information (information about our users that we may combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes
- Third Party Partners & Integrations
The ForKeeps Digital Platform may contain links to third party Digital Platforms or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). ForKeeps doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, ForKeeps, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other Digital Platforms you visit.
- Your Choices
5.1 Access and Update.
You may review, update or delete the information in your ForKeeps Account by logging into your ForKeeps Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile.
5.2 Account Cancellation.